Part-Time Construction Manager Position
Yachad, a DC based housing nonprofit, is seeking a part-time construction supervisor. The person must be able to plan and supervise unskilled volunteers at various work sites as well as conduct inspections of homes throughout the DC area, evaluating electrical, plumbing, and other construction issues. Compensation is on an hourly basis, commensurate with experience. The position offers between 20-40 hours of work a month.
- Candidate should have requisite skills in the construction trades such as, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and drywall.
- Must be able to work on Sundays and some federal holidays.
- Candidate should have requisite skills to inspect potential project sites and prepare reports and budgets detailing the needed work.
- Experience working in social work or with low-income populations is a plus.
- Candidates will have experience in the construction field. Having an active DC, MD or VA contractor’s license is a plus.
- Candidate must have a valid Driver’s License and a car. A truck or van is a plus.
Yachad, means together in Hebrew, is a District of Columbia nonprofit organization that mobilizes the resources—technical, financial and human—from the larger community to revitalize lower income neighborhoods throughout the District of Columbia and the greater metropolitan area. We do this by engaging volunteers, both skilled and unskilled, who repair and renovate homes, community spaces, and commercial property. Our work serves to encourage understanding between communities that are so often disconnected. Yachad is motivated in our cause by the Jewish tradition of tikkun olam—repairing the world.
Submit resume and work-related experience to:
Audrey Lyon, Executive Director