And now, it’s time for us to hire again. We will be posting several positions over the next few days. Here is the first one – do you know any job-hunters who are outgoing, highly motivated, trustworthy, and conscientious?
The Community Forklifters
Materials Mover/Truck Helper Needed / On Call (16-18 hours/week) for Local Green Business (Hyattsville, MD)
Community Forklift is searching for individuals committed to creating a more sustainable world by keeping materials out of the landfill and supporting our local community. We are a fun and innovative local thrift store that specializes in modern and vintage building materials.
Our ideal candidate is outgoing, highly motivated, trustworthy, and conscientious. This person will represent Community Forklift to the public, pick up donated building and home improvement materials in the DC metro area, and assist with moving materials in our local warehouse.
Due to the overwhelming amount of materials donated each week, we need extra help on our trucks and in our warehouse. We are seeking to build an on-call list of individuals to work as needed, earn some money, and be a positive force in the community.
The position pays $10/hour and requires lifting heavy objects and working in a non-air conditioned warehouse or in the community on our truck. Veterans and job candidates of all genders and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Visit http://www.CommunityForklift.com for more info about our nonprofit mission.
The materials mover/helper is responsible for helping pick up donated building and home improvement materials from commercial and residential sites primarily in the metropolitan Washington, DC area.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Provide excellent customer service and answer questions about our organization;
* Carefully load and secure materials onto the truck and offload at the warehouse;
* Help determine routes to get to get to the pick-ups;
* Help keep accurate records and provide appropriate paperwork to donors;
* Recognize acceptable and unacceptable materials for pick up;
* Ensure that all donations picked up have all parts and pieces labeled and attached;
* Help keep equipment and truck clean, organized and in good working order;
* Move materials from construction sites, yards, parking garages and other difficult to access areas;
* Communicate clearly with co-workers about pickups, problems or concerns;
* Work cooperatively with other staff ;
* Help move and set up materials in the warehouse
We are seeking someone who:
* has knowledge of building materials and a willingness to learn;
* has excellent customer relations skills and recordkeeping capacity;
* can represent our organization by answering questions about our mission;
* has the ability to do physical labor in all seasons;
* is able to read a map, can use or learn to use a GPS and is computer literate;
* is punctual;
* is able to use good judgment, and can take initiative to solve problems as they arise;
* has strong English speaking skills (bilingual Spanish speaking is plus);
* can work productively in a team-based structure
Send a resume and a short cover letter to: Helper Position c/o Community Forklift, 4671 Tanglewood Drive, Edmonston, MD 20781 or by fax to 301-985-5182 or by email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.