It’s the growing season and Montgomery County Master Gardeners are answering gardening questions at locations around the county. Bring your full and intact plant & insect samples, garden problems, and questions to any of the following locations to get free answers.
- Bethesda: Davis Library, 6400 Democracy Blvd., through Sept., Saturdays, 10 a.m. -1 p.m
- Bethesda: FRESHFARM Market. Norfolk Ave. (between Fairmont Ave. and St. Elmo Ave.), through Sept., first Saturday of each month, plus second Saturday in Oct. 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Chevy Chase: Audubon Naturalist Society, 8940 Jones Mill Rd., through Sept., Saturdays, 10 a.m. – noon.
- Derwood: Montgomery County Extension Office, 18410 Muncaster Rd., through Nov., Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Gaithersburg: Quince Orchard Library, 15831 Quince Orchard Rd., through Sept., Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Germantown: Germantown Library, 19840 Century Blvd., through Sept., Wednesdays, 6:15 – 7:45 p.m.
- Olney: Olney Farmers Market, 2801 Olney/Sandy Spring Rd.(Rt. 108) at Prince Philip Dr., through Sept., first and second Sunday of each month, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Poolesville: Poolesville Library, 19633 Fisher Ave. through Sept., Wednesdays, 1– 3 p.m.
- Rockville: Twinbrook Library, 202 Meadow Hall Dr., through Sept., first and third Saturday of each month, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Silver Spring: Silver Spring FRESHFARM Market, Ellsworth Dr. between Georgia/Fenton; April – Oct., 3rd Saturday of each month, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Wheaton: Brookside Gardens, 1800 Glenallan Ave., year-round. Saturdays,10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Sundays, 1p.m. – 4 p.m., plus April – Oct., Wednesday and Thursday 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
For further information call the, Plant Hotline — 301-590-9650 — weekday mornings or email email@example.com.